Virtual Workshop: Achieving Complex Combinations | Advanced Techniques for NAF
This workshop is offered at two different times and limited to 12 participants per allotted time. Please select your desired time from the drop-down menu above the "add to cart" button.
These times are:
- Sunday, May 31, 2-3:30 pm CST
- Tuesday, June 9, 6-7:30 pm CST
Embellishments are created from three distinct areas; the tongue, the breath and the fingers. Once you have a handle on some basic technical work and embellishments, it’s time to kick it up a notch! Learn how combining the technical work of these three areas make your flute playing sound more distinctive, robust and polished.
We'll cover how to combine fluttering, bending, barking, rapid tonguing and rhythmic playing together in various combinations.
If you haven’t already signed up for my 4-day embellishment walkthrough, it’s a good idea to do that in advance of this workshop! Sign up for free here: http://bit.ly/jl-4day-emb
Note: There will be a short segment towards the end of the workshop for a brief Q&A.
- Each workshop will be held via Zoom. If you do not already have Zoom, you can download it here: https://zoom.us/
- You will receive a PDF automatically after your checkout with all the info (including meeting link and password)
- New to Zoom and not sure how to run it? Here’s a great and simple video tutorial to help get you started! https://youtu.be/fMUxzrgZvZQ
Here's another helpful video that shows you how to adjust your audio settings ahead of time so that you get the most out of your experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
While you wait, feel free to watch Jonny Lipford on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2DSXicJ