Songwriting Shortcuts for the Native American Flute Book [Print Version]
Writing music can be a very rewarding and creative process, but sometimes it can be overwhelming – especially if you're new to this, or you've been told that you're not good at songwriting!
When I was a kid, my piano teacher told my mom that I wasn't cut out for music. For years I listened to that false belief. Then my creativity was liberated when I began playing the Native American flute and employed the strategies found in this book.
I didn't know anything about music, but I came up with my own way of writing music and capturing melodies... and it worked!
That framework helped me write more than 200 songs to date.
With this book, you'll learn how to:
- Capture those short melodies so that you can repeat what you just played
- Learn better phrasing habits so your playing sounds more poetic
- Control your energy and dynamics so you deliver a more emotive performance
- Arrange your song so that you aren’t mindlessly noodling
- Connect your story so you have the confidence to share your music
This 48-page book is full of jumpstarts and frameworks to help you be more creative. This book is the secret sauce and I'll show you the shortcuts to these exact tactics!
Creative endeavors require good tools. That's why I've built a resource toolkit where you'll find capturing tactics, arrangement strategies, blank NAF TAB sheets and a story sheet as part of this book to help you maximize your songwriting experience.
On top of all of this, you don't have to know anything about writing or reading traditional music.
- ISBN-13: 9781716615955
- Publication date: 09/10/2020
- Pages: 48
- Product dimensions: 8.50(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.10(d)
Note: This e-book will not be addressing how to write the notes on that staff. Instead, we are focusing solely on finger diagrams for now. If you already read Nakai TAB you are welcome to use that feature. I will be creating a course for learning the Nakai TAB system in the future!