Rainbow Native-style Drone Flute
These Native Style Drone Flutes by Peter Churcher are warm in aesthetics and sound. These drone flutes are available in the key of G and F# and only a few are available.
Each flute is made from poplar and then coated in a patina copper epoxy then finished off with a couple of coats of a plant-based gloss finish. Both have rosewood blocks.
The B and Bb have Obsidian cabochons, the A has Amethyst cabochons, the G has Labradorite cabochons and the F#4 has Tiger's Eye cabochons fashioned on the top of the block.
Two great features of these drone flutes:
- The mouthpiece for the melody flute protrudes, making it easier to play the single flute and tilt to add the drone flute.
- The two-block design gives more control over the sound manipulation for each barrel/flute in the drone flute.
- Maker: Peter Churcher of Willow Creek
- Key: B4, Bb4, A4, G4 and F#4
- Wood: Poplar with Patina Copper Epoxy & Plant-based Gloss finish
- Tuning: Modern NAF Tuning, Minor Pentatonic
- Frequency: 440 Hz
- Approximate length: 20-24"
- Not Native Made