Improving Your Sound & Improvs: Small Group Lessons
The heart of the Native American flute is rooted in improvisation. This is a wonderful thing when you first learn to play, but after some time you may be feeling a little lost. Or that everything you share sounds the same, just in a different key with a different flute. Or, you can feel pressure within a minute or two of playing because you feel the audience is getting bored.
I get it. I've been in those shoes multiple times. Luckily for you, I've built tools and workflows that have enabled me to break out of that cycle, gain control and harness the inspiration.
If you're a flute player who wants to polish your sound, increase your overall proficiency with the Native American flute and have your improvisations sound more complete and robust, this is a great opportunity for you!
In this SGL Program, we specifically cover:
- Playing with rhythm so you're not just floating away
- Liberating your note choices by introducing you to a couple of new scales
- Polishing your sound by working with breathwork
- Structuring your improvs into some frameworks so they don't wander too far
- Sprucing things up with embellishment choices and placements so you're playing with more interest
- Getting professional and peer feedback each session that will keep you growing as a flute player
This program is best suited for beginning and intermediate flute players, although advanced players are also welcome to participate.
There are TWO SGLs available for this ONE topic. One is offered on Friday evenings while the other is offered on Saturday mornings. Please see the dates below.
The FRIDAY SGL Sessions start on Friday, October 8 at 6 p.m. Central Time and meets every other week via Zoom until December 3rd.
Here's the schedule for FRIDAY SESSIONS:
- Friday, October 8 6-7:30 p.m. CDT
- Friday, October 22 6-7:30 p.m. CDT
- Friday, November 5 6-7:30 p.m. CDT
- Friday, November 19 6-7:30 p.m. CST*
- Friday, December 3 6-7:30 p.m. CST*
The SATURDAY SGL Sessions start on Saturday, October 9 at 10 a.m. Central Time and meets every other week via Zoom until December 4th.
Here's the schedule for SATURDAY SESSIONS:
- Saturday, October 9 10-11:30 a.m. CDT
- Saturday, October 23 10-11:30 a.m. CDT
- Saturday, November 6 10-11:30 a.m. CDT
- Saturday, November 20 10-11:30 a.m. CST*
- Saturday, December 4 10-11:30 a.m. CST*
*Sessions marked with an asterisk mark those which occur after we end Daylight Saving Time. Most territories “fall back” an hour, if you do not, please make plans accordingly!
Every session will be video recorded and shared with you so you can continue growing. If you are unable to make one of these meetings, you will receive the recording as well as any homework for that period.
There are only 10 seats available for each SGL program and we do anticipate them to sell out. The last sessions filled within a few days.
Your one-time fee of $250 covers all sessions and any materials that I provide you as resources so you can get the most out of this experience.
After you checkout, you will receive a PDF via email. This PDF has all the information that you'll need to access the zoom meetings. Within one week of our first session, I will reach out with more information and expectations.
About Small Group Lessons (SGLs):
SGLs are specifically designed to help flute players achieve a pre-determined goal while working in a small cohort alongside like-minded individuals. This style of learning is one of the most affordable and direct ways to learn. Most of the programming offered in this way will be conducted through five, 75-90 minute Zoom sessions spread out over an 8-10 week period. The normal format will be every other week which gives you ample time to work on your homework and buddy-up with someone if you choose.